Losing weight, one diet at a time; one month at a time…
For me, it’s been an interesting Spring. I remember hearing of an ancient Chinese curse that i always thought was curious – but, now I have a little more insight. The curse went – “May you live in interesting times”. When life is peaceful and I’m content – “interesting” is probably not how I would describe my life. But, when turmoil is run amuck – now, that’s interesting.
I believe that some of this is brought on myself – the craziness that I create in my work life; my attitude toward food that is rarely harmonious; my inability to just relax. Aside from these fine attributes – the events of this past Spring – were definitely more than I could have imagined. Here’s what I consider to be a “high-level” glimpse of the events of Spring ’07:
1. My divorce is final after only 6 years! Yea! free to marry Adam – just need his divorce to come through.
2. My father – whom I love to death – is diagnosed with aggressive bladder cancer
3. My lovely 16 year old son is picked up for possession of marijuana
4. Adam’s divorce is final!!!!
5. My father – who also has a serious heart condition that should have killed him 20 years ago – decides to have his bladder removed in lieu of chemo and radiation – a decision that I fully supported.
6. Adam and I decide to get married ASAP! It’s always been the goal – but, my father’s condition accelerated a traditionally stressful situation – making it that much more bountiful.
7. My father has the surgery; comes through with flying colors; only to find out it was too much strain on his heart and we spent several grueling nights anticipating a call from the hospital informing us of what we anticipated to be inevitable.
8. Praise be to God – my father is doing extremely well (all things considered) and it appears that he will make a full recovery – that is for a 70 year old man with a heart condition and a bladder created from an intestine.
9. Four weeks before the wedding – I get a call from my ex-mother-in-law notifying me of her son – my recent ex husband’s death. Again – knew he would show up one day – couldn’t foresee this. ***Note – I’m sure I’m getting on that jetliner that’s headed straight to hell for saying this – but, when it was all said and done – I was doing a happy dance.
10. In-laws that I hadn’t seen or heard from in YEARS start crawling out of the woodworks. A handful of these people I’m quite fond of – but, a few of them you can find in the dictionary under the entry for “evil”.
11. I whisk the two minor children and the Emperor off to an impromptu vacation on the Outer Banks to stay out of the path of evil – THREE WEEKS BEFORE THE WEDDING!.
12. We get married and go to Puerto Rico for the honeymoon – and from start to finish – it was amazing!!! and I actually didn’t do ANY work. This is the first time in countless years that I actually stopped; relaxed; and really took a vacation.
If I wasn’t so exhausted from the events that presented themselves our first day back from the honeymoon – I’d add them to the list. But, in truth, it’s now summer – so, I surmise that I should begin a new list.
In closing, I’d like to say that as “interesting” as the Spring of ’07 has been – when all is said and done – it’s been all good. Though, much of it was difficult at the time that it was happening… the support and kind words from a few bloggers that I’ve really come to enjoy and take much pleasure in reading their blogs – was appreciated more than I can say. The lovely Lady Rose of The Incredible Shrinking Ladies and The Diet Pulpit – where you can vote for them!; one of my favorite bloggers – Krissy PoopyHands; and Cranky Fitness – a blog that makes me laugh hard – and that’s so important. There are many, many more – but, now I’m really tired and I’m going to bed.
I’m getting married tomorrow and getting nervous. This is my second marriage – his second as well. The first go around we didn’t do the “wedding thing”. I don’t like attention and the thought of all those people watching me/us – makes me really nervous.
I was diagnosed with ADHD about a year ago and I’ve done some research since the diagnosis. What I found out was interesting in that – girls with ADHD are much different than boys. ADHD seems to be far more prevalent in boys because the symptoms are more noticeable and almost demand attention. whereas, girls’ symptoms are almost the opposite. Girls tend to become withdrawn. They are not able to “focus” the same as boys, but instead of being hyper – they never learn the social nuances and become seemingly shy because they don’t know how to interact appropriately. Both sexes spend a lot of time daydreaming.
I’ve always felt extremely uncomfortable in any public or social situation. When I learned this about girls with ADHD it started to make sense. I wasn’t ever able to sit still and focus on learning how to behave in public. I was extremely shy and uncomfortable. So anytime I’m faced with a social function – especially one focused on me – I’m a mess. And that’s where I am right now.
Another symptom of ADHD is the ability to constantly “get off track” – which is exactly what I’ve done!
OMG! I cannot even believe that there’s only a few days until the wedding. I think I’m just about ready. I feel fat as can be – which doesn’t do anybody – especially me – any good. The weekend wasn’t good for weight loss – but, since yesterday – everything’s good.
Breakfast yesterday – Multigrain hoops – cal= 150
Tuna Salad Kit – cal=270
Lentils & Beef – cal=240
Chocolate Chip Bites – cal=130
Pretzel – cal=90
Total cal=880 – that’s not good
Breakfast Stuffed Sandwich – cal=200
Southwest Chicken Rice & Beans – cal=250
Vitamin bar – cal=130
And now we’re being taken out to Shady Maple (a famous buffet out here) for dinner with my ex-father-in-law. All very weird. But, he’s a great guy and informs me that you can, of course, divorce your spouse – but you cannot divorce your in-laws.
Dinner was – 1 small, fried crab cake, about 1 oz clam strips, 2 fried shrimp, 1 small slice chocolate cheesecake and 1 tiny piece peanut butter chocolate thingy. Calories – I have no idea. I know it could have been a lot worse if I ate the amount that the other people with us ate. Yes, I could have made much better choices and I really didn’t have to have 2 desserts – but I did.
Breakfast – Blueberry Muffin – cal=200
Snack – 1oz Cheese – cal=100
Lunch – Turkey Burger – cal=280
Dinner – Fish & Chips – cal=250
Snack – Cookies & Cream Cheesecake – cal=150
Snack – 3 Pretzels – cal=270
Yesterday was my youngest child’s birthday. So we had to celebrate and she requested breakfast at a local diner – CD’s Place in Boyertown, PA; and dinner at Friendly’s Restaurant in Pottstown, PA. I know I could have made far worse food choices than I did.
Breakfast – Sausage & Cheese on an English Muffin – cal=380
Pretzel – cal=90
Lunch – JC Tuna Salad Kit – cal=270
Dinner – 1/2 Chicken Quesdilla – cal=400
Again, not too bad for a deviation.
It’s day two. I completed day one without too many difficulties and day two is going well – so far.
Breakfast – Complete Start Cereal – cal=190
Lunch – Chicken Salad Kit – cal=260
Snack – Bruchetta Chips – cal=130
Dinner – Rising Crust Pizza – cal=280
Rita’s – cal=165
Total – 1025