Losing weight, one diet at a time; one month at a time…
Diet Success = Right Attitude: Lose Weight Forever
Losing weight seems to be easier for some people than it is for others. Keeping the lost weight off seems to be difficult for everyone. According to Medline Plus â€“ a service of the National Institutes of Health â€“ that 66% of adults are overweight or obese. And a recent study from UCLA reports that a person could lose 5 to 10% of their weight initially, but then the weight comes back plus more.
These statistics are very discouraging â€“ but, diet success is possible with the right attitude. Motivation to lose weight is not usually a problem at the beginning of any weight loss plan. Staying motivated to lose weight is often a big problem. But, to really lose weight successfully â€“ it’s not motivation that is necessary â€“ it’s a change of attitude. To lose weight forever â€“ you must change your lifestyle â€“ and not just your food.
Here are a few facts we know about losing weight:
- Overeating and not exercising will make you overweight.
- Calories you eat must equal the energy you burn to maintain your weight.
- Losing weight requires that you burn more calories than you eat.
Before you even start dieting or beginning a healthful lifestyle, to be successful â€“ you need to prepare. First, don’t set weight loss goals. Make the commitment to eat and live a healthful lifestyle. Doing this will result in weight loss â€“ but chasing a number often leads to disappointment and potential bad eating habits returning. Second, start slowly making changes to your lifestyle. Here are a few changes to your lifestyle that aren’t too difficult â€“ but will make a difference:
- Count your calories before you start and reduce them by 200 calories. You’re not likely to even notice the difference. Then continue reducing calories. A few ways to cut back on calories:
- Replace unhealthy foods with healthy foods. There are a countless recipe books that can help you find health alternative to your favorite foods. Even if you don’t like to cook â€“ you can find good food replacements in your local grocery store.
- Make exercise â€“ even just a little to start â€“ a priority. Starting to exercise can be a problem for people who have tried to avoid exercise most of their lives. But, even people who do exercise have days that they don’t want to, but the difference between people who do exercise and people who don’t â€“ they just do it.
a. Choosing low-fat, low-calorie foods
b. Eating smaller portions
c. Drinking water instead of sugary drinks
These are a few steps that can be taken to begin a healthy lifestyle. Changing your attitude about dieting is the first step to losing weight successfully. Make the decision to stop dieting and start living and eating well â€“ you will attain weight loss success.
Comments are closed.